Sunday, January 31, 2010

Packing Up

Well, today I started pulling all my stuff together to haul back to Durango...then on to Denver for delivery to my son Bryant. My Uncle Larry had quite a collection of electronic equipment for his DJ hobby and now Bryant is going to inherit a good deal of it.

Bryant has a family now, beautiful Janelle and cute-as-a-button growing toddler Evan, (is 3 years old considered a toddler?) and almost one year old Styles. Anyway... Bryant expressed interest in his Uncle's amps, speakers, keyboards and such to carry on his hobby of creating his own music. Bryant has a talent for words set to beat, otherwise known as um, er, rap... And it's pretty good too for a guy of the Caucasian persuasion. Eminem he's not as he chooses to omit most curse words and unseemly themes, focusing on social topics of interest to him. His work impresses me as does his ability to put words together spontaneously. He always could talk a good game.

Now the car and trailer are mostly packed, thanks to Cindi V who not only has loaned me her styl'n PT Cruiser, but also a trailer converted from a truck bed with packing work included. I'm telling you that girl knows how to get things done. Everything fit together like a puzzle piece under Cindi's calculated manipulations. Did I mention that the matching trailer does well drawing double takes when driving through the neighborhood? You have to be there.

So, even though it's comfortable and warm here in SoCal; even though I'll be leaving good friends and family members; in spite of leaving my Mom and the many more things that need doing in and around her house, I'll be extremely happy to be on the road back home. It's been just three months here in San Bernardino, California - during the best (and only) time to VISIT and now I am SO ready to don skis and shovel some snow in my favorite place to be, Durango.

It'll be a short stay though, long enough to give Victor the requested haircut, unload a few things and on to the next leg of the trip... Honey, get out the scissors ~ I'll be right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment