Wednesday, January 6, 2010

December 2, 2009

The night sky is not a mystery...it offers an intense beauty to us below who dream of a larger place then most of us fathom. so captured are we within this small space in our minds that we resist...and fight to keep things safe around us, denying what we must know to be...we are not alone...we never have been.


I have left my work to spend time with my Mom who forgets things. It has been several weeks that I have been gone from my home in Durango, Colorado. I miss being there. This is both a terrible and wonderful transition in that I am, by most standards unemployed, and wonderful... because I am unemployed. I have dropped out easily from that world of schedules and tightly wound people...but I miss the purpose and those that at least appear balanced. I was not balanced at all. Now, I spend more of that schedule looking around and taking breaths; observing and looking up at the stars, thinking, reading and listening to old friends... and taking in how incredibly fortunate I am to be able to just breathe for a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment