Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010 - Perfect Weather Today

What a beautiful day in Southern California it has been - clear skies, sandals and shorts, calm skies...perfection. Durango, on the other hand is cold. I keep saying that I miss that cold (I do, I really do) but here I remain... at least for another day.

It's not the perfect weather that holds me here; it's Mom... and the need to regroup to find that balance; to soak in sounds and sun; to be a part of living and noticing and breathing and laughing and taking time to listen without feeling rushed. Space has given me freedom to think and create...well, sort of. That's still working it's way out through fingers, feet, hair follicles and such... Ok, the route's a bit twisted right now.

Today: time well spent taking a walk with my friend Cheryl who is leaving early tomorrow morning. Her courage is evident as is her sadness, but this step is her salvation and her joy will return...yes it will! I will miss her and pray for her safe travels. Joining Mom and Janet at the Senior Center for brain power class was, uh, educational and we played games! Who doesn't love to play games? And later, meeting up with my beautiful cousin Barbara for a "healthy" meal and catch up conversation. Not only has my adventurous 'cuz' inspired me to begin this blog, but also to get rid of the accumulating flubflab that I can no longer carry around like an outer tube. So... here it goes... 5 pounds lighter by Super Bowl Sunday. (Good thing no one reads this).

And then suddenly... gunshots! dogs barking and the helicopter is buzzing overhead. Just another night in the north end of San Bernardino... but the weather is still perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment