Monday, March 28, 2011

Please Keep Raining

Will it keep raining?  I want it to.  I like the dark sky; clouds hanging low on the foothills; brisk air hitting face; cadence of water drumming earth.  The mist shrouds me in a secret sadness, keeping me safe from the consternation of  your knock at the door.  Wake up - get up!  I'm ordered by a voice inside my head (not mine) but my heart takes one coffee break after another, pleading for just five more minutes and then...then what?
Will it keep raining?  I need it to. The ground opens it's arms and takes in each drop, sharing with others until it can't do it anymore and like me, it bursts forth in a rage of unintended destruction which needed a place to go...this is nothing new or old. It simply is at times...and then it isn't.  It makes no sense and then it does.  It has to be this way and then it can't be this way...or never really was in the first place.

So... I need it to keep raining so I can stay inside and be the way one isn't supposed to be.  I only want to come out to size things up and pull a few weeds from the saturated soil.  I can be satisfied with this because today I love everything about the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment