Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow

Written a week ago... I never said it would be current! It's snowing in Evergreen... and Durango and most of Colorado today and yesterday and probably tomorrow. This has been an intense snowfall winter and I'm sorry to say that I have missed the good things about it by being mostly in California. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing with friends, the SnowDown festival, the lovely peacefulness the winter snow brings to the highway we live close to, staying inside to sew and craft and writing are all fun snowy day activities.

Today I am in Evergreen where there is an accumulation of about 6"; not much compared to Durango's 80". I stay inside even though walking or driving is possible. I'm spending too much time on my computer these days; don't really understand why so much except that it's a way to avoid anything and everything I need to do.

I've been so fortunate to have spent some days with grand babies while I've been here. Evan is three and Styles will be a year old the end of February. They are beautiful boys - I hope their parents guide them carefully, helping them discover all they need to be happy in this crazy, chaotic world they'll be growing up in.

As for me...I'll be heading back to Durango in the morning to pull together income taxes, clean the chicken coop (and the house I'm sure), and maybe get in some time cross country skiing or snow shoeing with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment